Welcome to Hot Yoga Nelson, Nelson's premier Hot Yoga studio. We offer Moksha Yoga, Hot Fusion, Yin Yoga and Power Vinyasa to sunny Nelson, New Zealand. All of our main classes are 90 minutes, done in a heated room and are pefect for beginners. We focus on the physical aspects of yoga ( Asana ) and are results oriented, providing a convenient, friendly, and encouraging environment to get you going on the road to greater health and greater happiness.
Our revised schedule for May is up on our schedule page
All our 6.30am classes will be 60 minutes from 1st May
Friday 6.30am YIn yoga classes are cancelled until further notice
Thursday 9.30am & Friday 5.30pm Moksha yoga classes are changing from 90 minutes to 60 minutes
NEW LOWER PRICES NOW IN PLACE, check on line or in reception
Homemade Hydrating Drink
We all know the importance of keeping the body well hydrated, but more important than just drinking plenty of water, we also need plenty of electrolytes to keep our ph levels in balance and our bodies functioning efficiently. Try the recipe below for a cheap home made energising, refreshing and nutrient full rehydration drink which can be taken an hour before, during or after your hot Yoga class.
1/2 tsp honey
1 pinch Himalayan or Celtic salt
1 cup water.
Add a little hot water to the honey, salt and lemon, stir well and add the remaining water. Double the quantity if you wish. Drink cold or luke warm. Really good after a hot sweaty class.
STAY HEALTHY, STAY HYDRATED, BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER CLASS
Come check out our NEW far infrared radiant heating system, now installed and up and running. Together with the new fresh air exchange system, your whole experience of Hot Yoga will change for the better.
Some of the benefits of FIR Radiant heating :-
1) Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygenation.
2) Far Infrared is excellent for detox. Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: Poisons, carcinogenic heavy metals - toxic substances from food processing - lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue - excess sodium associated with hypertension - and uric acid which causes pain. Furthermore, if sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands) rather than by the kidneys.
3) Far Infrared stimulates enzyme activity and metabolism - One hour subjected to an intense FIR room burns over 900 calories by raising the metabolism and body temperature. FIR heat also breaks down cellulite - trapped water, fat and waste. Doing a cardio workout whilst being subject to these rays will burn significantly more calories ( as in hot yoga for example ).
4) Far Infrared promotes the killing of many pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
5) Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it increases growth of cells, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems.
6) Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax autoneuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated.
7) Far Infrared strengthens the Immune System by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
8) Far Infrared strengthens the Cardiovascular System by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease - Extensive research by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flights.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK,TWITTER OR PINTREST
" I am very grateful that I tried out your studio. You guys have created a welcoming environment, with quality teachers & a spa like setting, which is much needed when you emerge from class a sweaty mess!!! Thank you! " - Aileen Shepherd, Nelson New Zealand
" Your beautiful little studio and passionate teachers inspired me a great deal. Thank you for what you have done for my spirit." - Erin Greene